I am introducing here Quote to Cash which is well known as QTC. QTC is a process where Sales Organizations send details to their customers on their product offerings as per their need, provide them with the pricing for the set of products that they have requested, put all those in an official document called â€˜Quoteâ€™ and then it continues through Invoice, payment and negotiation which comes under â€˜Cashâ€™.
Category Archives: MirketaInc
Customer data is the soul of an organization. Quality data is priceless and acts as a driver of high productivity and good decision making. Managing Quantity and Quality parallelly has always been a challenge. Same is the case with data now-a days, as the data volumes grew rapidly, the data quality went down, posing a serious challenge in maintaining the sanctity of databases. This challenge of avoiding data duplicity and keeping the orgs clean is faced by almost every company and although it may seem like a trivial issue, the impact these duplicates have on businesses cannot be looked down upon.
All the marketing and service activities revolve around the customer database that a company has.
Duplicates prevailing in a system means:
- Increased cost for marketing campaigns.
- Bombarding the same customers with same information multiple times, eventually degrading the brand image in the minds of customers.
- Reduced Operational Efficiency.
- Confusion among the sales reps while processing requests.
- Bad service experience encountered by the clients.
- Bad Data leads to Badly informed business decisions.
- Increased challenges in maintaining the database or moving the current system to a new one.
What causes these duplicates:
- Human error â€“ Sales Rep entering duplicates
- Multiple sources capturing the same information
- No instrument to restrict duplicates from entering the system
Some pointers on how you can keep your Salesforce org clean:
- Think of all the ways the customer data enters your CRM system: Manual customer data Entry by Sales Reps, bulk customer data upload, Automated Lead Sources like web to lead etc. and ensure that you have them all covered to avoid duplicates entering your CRM system.
- Keep a mandatory field on each Object which handles your customer data, one which is relevant to your business operation like a phone number or an email on Lead. For Standard fields have your tech. team enable Duplicate Rules & Matching rules to avoid duplicates formation and for Custom fields check â€˜do not allow duplicatesâ€™ so that Salesforce wonâ€™t accept duplicity against that field on the Object and sales rep wonâ€™t be able to create duplicate records.
- If your mandatory field is a picklist field, ensure that you enable restricted picklist for that field as Salesforce allow values coming in from external systems other than the field picklist values also.
- Monitor the data that your CRM system is getting from multiple sources to keep an eye if anything wrong is happening around your data so to handle the situation in time. Generally, companies donâ€™t realize this until they have loads of dirty data existing in their CRM systems and then try to recuperate from the damage.
- Ensure that you have clean data while uploading data in bulk into your system.
- Define all your lead sources clearly and distinctly, this can avoid a lot of confusion when leads start to pour-in from multiple channels.
- Make sure your Sales Reps fill all the necessary customer details in the form and instruct them not to save a half-filled form.
- Cloning the records should not be a general habit of the team, this leads to human error of saving the cloned records without making relevant changes and thus creating duplicates. You can even disable the Clone button from the layout if you want to.
- Use standard Salesforce Reports for tracking duplicates entering your system (if any) are essential to your business or not.
- With large volumes of data coming in your system, some duplicates are anyway bound to enter your database, one way or the other. Use a deduplication tool, this can really make your life easy by keeping your Salesforce org clean of duplicates.
Check out Advitya â€“ The Perfect Duplicate management app for Salesforce. Advitya solves all your data duplicity problems and can save you time and effort in keeping your org clean.
Keeping your Salesforce Org clean is not a one-man job or a onetime activity. It calls for a collective effort and is an ongoing process, you strive to keep your Database clean and perfect which eventually gives you returns in terms of smooth Operations and Profits.
All the best in keeping your Org. clean!!
A version control system, to a great extent, is based around the concept of tracking changes that happen within a collection of directories or files.
A version control system (VCS) allows you to track the history of a collection of files. It supports creating different versions of this collection where each version captures a snapshot of the files at a certain point in time and the VCS allows you to switch between these versions as well. These versions are stored in a specific place, typically called aÂ repository.
The process of creating different versions (snapshots) in the repository is depicted in the following infographic. Please note that this picture fits primarily to Git. Other version control systems likeÂ Concurrent Versions SystemÂ (CVS) donâ€™t create snapshots of the files but store file deltas.
No matter how terrifying a monster is, humans always try to find the silver bullet, to bring the inexplicabilities of the monster to a level of comprehension. Software is referred to as such a monster because its ever expanding level of complexity brings with it, multifarious issues which themselves are monstrous in their own accord.
The inherent properties of a modern software system are conformity, changeability, complexity and invisibility. Conformity is a necessary evil and normally has no logic to it but, for organisational restrictions. Changeability again is a constant sword hanging over software systems. Complexity of software systems is rather interesting as it is desired and not accidental and yet constitutes most of the monstrosity of software systems. By invisibility I refer to the fact that that there isnt any tool that can physically and convincingly represent a software system and this limits us in ways nothing else does.
Lets backtrack to when abacus had just been invented, we thought this was definitely an answer to the egregious calculations. As calculations became more and more complicated, seeking an answer led us to the beautiful concept of object oriented programming. It was a moment of celebration for developers all over the world as they thought- finally we have our solution. OOP with its modularity, reusability, reliability, maintainability etc. definitely addressed a lot of issues. However, software is abstract and a conceptual entity and hence visualisation of its impact and its challenges is indefinitely and inherently complex. We have now come a long way and invented supercomputers like IBM,ï¿½Sequoia, Cray,ï¿½Titan, NUDT,ï¿½Tianhe-2, and yet we are not close to our silver bullet. OOP, however, many would argue, is the closest thing to a silver bullet in the software world.
What is REST: –
REST is Representational State Transfer which helps two systems to talk to each other with a common programmatic language. Rest is a successful replacement for HTTP.
Integration Â Â in Salesforce can be done in the following steps: –
2) Call out.
3) Web services.
What is an EventBrite?
An EventBrite is an app which syncs event data into salesforce. It is a free app which help the event organizers to import data from their event to the salesforce. Event data is created through ticketing platform is synced to salesforce contact list and promo code can be sent back to the Eventbrite.
Contact Roles in Salesforce.
I observed in many salesforce communities that lot of salesforce people facing challenges in associating one contact with multiple accounts, cases, Contracts or Opportunities.
In salesforce architecture Contact has a Standard Account field, which means a Contact can be associate with on account.
However we can create few more Custom lookup fields on Contact to associate few more accounts, but that will not be a good approach to achieve this requirement if you want to associate one contact to n number of accounts, cases or Opportunities.
What is Atlassian Connect Framework?
Atlassian Connect framework is used to develop add-ons for Atlassian applications like Jira and Confluence.
Atlassian Connect add-ons are web applications. They operate remotely over HTTP and can be written in any programming language.
Macros are very powerful and interesting component of salesforce. Macros are like set of computer instructions that executes to automate some task that task can be to assign value in a field, to automatically send an email, to update any field, selecting an email template and more. All instructions that we create using macros get execute on a single click. Macros are mostly use with case feed layout basically to update case and to send quick response to user about any update of case raised by that user.
Salesforce Implementation Â can be transformational for organization Â Â it can change the entire way an organization operates today to how it would work in future.
In my post here today I would try to enlist the major challenges shared by organizations who approached us for Salesforce Â Implementation , adopt, transform, and make changes, to the Salesforce and we turned them into happy Salesforce Organization.