Gain an edge over the competition by taking advantage of the advancement in technology and changing the way you communicate with your employees & clients. Continue reading
Author Archives: Pranshu Goyal
Customer data is the soul of an organization. Quality data is priceless and acts as a driver of high productivity and good decision making. Managing Quantity and Quality parallelly has always been a challenge. Same is the case with data now-a days, as the data volumes grew rapidly, the data quality went down, posing a serious challenge in maintaining the sanctity of databases. This challenge of avoiding data duplicity and keeping the orgs clean is faced by almost every company and although it may seem like a trivial issue, the impact these duplicates have on businesses cannot be looked down upon.
All the marketing and service activities revolve around the customer database that a company has.
Duplicates prevailing in a system means:
- Increased cost for marketing campaigns.
- Bombarding the same customers with same information multiple times, eventually degrading the brand image in the minds of customers.
- Reduced Operational Efficiency.
- Confusion among the sales reps while processing requests.
- Bad service experience encountered by the clients.
- Bad Data leads to Badly informed business decisions.
- Increased challenges in maintaining the database or moving the current system to a new one.
What causes these duplicates:
- Human error – Sales Rep entering duplicates
- Multiple sources capturing the same information
- No instrument to restrict duplicates from entering the system
Some pointers on how you can keep your Salesforce org clean:
- Think of all the ways the customer data enters your CRM system: Manual customer data Entry by Sales Reps, bulk customer data upload, Automated Lead Sources like web to lead etc. and ensure that you have them all covered to avoid duplicates entering your CRM system.
- Keep a mandatory field on each Object which handles your customer data, one which is relevant to your business operation like a phone number or an email on Lead. For Standard fields have your tech. team enable Duplicate Rules & Matching rules to avoid duplicates formation and for Custom fields check ‘do not allow duplicates’ so that Salesforce won’t accept duplicity against that field on the Object and sales rep won’t be able to create duplicate records.
- If your mandatory field is a picklist field, ensure that you enable restricted picklist for that field as Salesforce allow values coming in from external systems other than the field picklist values also.
- Monitor the data that your CRM system is getting from multiple sources to keep an eye if anything wrong is happening around your data so to handle the situation in time. Generally, companies don’t realize this until they have loads of dirty data existing in their CRM systems and then try to recuperate from the damage.
- Ensure that you have clean data while uploading data in bulk into your system.
- Define all your lead sources clearly and distinctly, this can avoid a lot of confusion when leads start to pour-in from multiple channels.
- Make sure your Sales Reps fill all the necessary customer details in the form and instruct them not to save a half-filled form.
- Cloning the records should not be a general habit of the team, this leads to human error of saving the cloned records without making relevant changes and thus creating duplicates. You can even disable the Clone button from the layout if you want to.
- Use standard Salesforce Reports for tracking duplicates entering your system (if any) are essential to your business or not.
- With large volumes of data coming in your system, some duplicates are anyway bound to enter your database, one way or the other. Use a deduplication tool, this can really make your life easy by keeping your Salesforce org clean of duplicates.
Check out Advitya – The Perfect Duplicate management app for Salesforce. Advitya solves all your data duplicity problems and can save you time and effort in keeping your org clean.
Keeping your Salesforce Org clean is not a one-man job or a onetime activity. It calls for a collective effort and is an ongoing process, you strive to keep your Database clean and perfect which eventually gives you returns in terms of smooth Operations and Profits.
All the best in keeping your Org. clean!!
Salesforce.com has been the number one CRM platform for some time now and its accomplishments as a CRM solution can be described as none less than top of the line. But there are some common issues that all the CRM systems face and which is prevalent in Salesforce as well. Managing Data duplicity is one such big issue.
In this article, we’ll be giving you some insight in some of the top duplicate management apps available on Salesforce AppExchange, which can help you with your dedupe apps hunt for your company. The following five apps have been selected based on their user adoption profiles on Salesforce AppExchange.
Out of the box Salesforce Dedupe solution
Every Salesforce org. has this out of the box deduplication solution. Though this one has many limitations and is not a very smart solution, but specific and simple deduplication tasks can be easily done here and that too free. That’s why we gave it the top position in our list.
- Search up-to 50 records and merge 3 records at a time on Lead, Account and Contact based on the name field.
- Ability to do a fuzzy search.
Its free. Comes stacked with your Salesforce Org.
Within the salesforce duplicate management apps purview, this app has the most number of customer reviews (216) on AppExchange. This app by Symphonic Source, backs an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 and comes second on our list of the dedupe apps.
- Merge & convert from a simple dashboard view
- Auto-Merge, mass merge, or manually merge dupes without losing any important data
- Mass update & mass delete records
- Geocode, validate & standardize addresses
- Cleanse import files before data reaches Salesforce
- Prebuilt filters or easily create your own to make Cloudingo work for you
- Drag-and Drop UI
- Audit trails to track data changes
- Enterprise API (in/out)
- Works with standard & custom objects
- Basic: $1,096/year/per Salesforce Org
- Standard: $2,146/year/per Salesforce Org
- Custom: Data quality services & customization starting @ $10000
Discounted for Non-Profits.
Duplicate Check for Salesforce
This app by Plauti B.V. has 100 user reviews on AppExchange. Backing an average rating of 4.2 out of 5, this app comes on the third place on our list.
- Fuzzy Matching finds duplicates caused by misspellings, typos and different formatting
- Mass Deduplication will find all duplicates, presenting it in a clear report which allows you to merge manually or automatically later.
- The application is highly customizable and can be configured to fit the exact needs of your particular database.
- A ‘Duplicate Check Job’ will analyze and dedupe your entire database by your preferences.
- 100% native force.com – no data transfer is needed in order to find and remove duplicates.
- ‘Auto Merge’ automatically merges duplicates, possibly saving hours of your time.
- ‘Duplicate Prevention’ will prevent you and your colleagues from entering duplicates.
- Both standard objects as well as custom objects can be deduped.
- Free up to 5000 records + Additional 5000 after sign up
- Advanced – $ 99 /year
- Premium – $ 1,499 /year
Complete Data Quality Suite
This app by RingLead, with 96 user reviews on AppExchange and backing an average rating of 4.8 out of 5, secures the fourth place on our list.
- Identifies duplicate Leads, Leads to Contacts, Leads to Accounts, Contacts, and Accounts. Unique Upload
- Prevent dupes in your web forms. Your fields can be updated without any data loss based on your defined rules. It’s campaign and lead assignment supported. Task/email notifications alert record owners to the attempted dupes.
- Prevent the creation of duplicate Leads, Contacts and Accounts when uploading lists. The app uses a field-by-field configuration based on your business rules.
- Unique Entry will seek and display possible dupes in real time.
It’s a paid app. You’ll have to contact them for quotes.
This app by d2b International ApS dba, with 70 user reviews on AppExchange and backing an average rating of 4.6 out of 5, gets the fifth place on our list.
- Mass Deduplication of leads, contacts, accounts and person accounts
- Dupe Detection upon Entry
- Phone Number Cross Checking
- Social Media Matching
- Integrated Merge wizard(s)
- Campaign Deduplication
- Custom Merge Rules
- Customization of Matching Process
- Weekly and Monthly Automatic Scheduling
- Small Business – $750 per year per Organization (for up to 10000 records, pricing varies for more no. of records)
- Standard – $1800 per Organization/year (for up to 50000 records, pricing varies for more no. of records)
- Enterprise – $2500 per Organization/year (for up to 50000 records, pricing varies for more no. of records)
And although all these apps get the work done, we created a Salesforce duplicate management solution of our own, packing all the best features along with a smooth user experience. We would like to introduce the latest addition in the deduplication app domain, Advitya.
Following capabilities makes Advitya better than all other deduplication apps:
- Powerful bulk Search & Merge via optimized design
- Smart Reporting via intuitive dashboard
- Job Scheduler
- Exact search based on multiple criteria
- Deduplication on standard as well as on custom objects
- Search based on both standard and custom field criteria
- Choose the master records
- Choose which duplicate records to merge and which to not
- Preview screen to verify the ‘to-be master’ record before actual merging is initiated
- Export the searched duplicates
- Re-parenting of child records while merging the Parent records
- Master record field updates while merging
- Save your searches for future use
- Native Salesforce.com deduplication solution
- Intelligent notification alerts on successful merge with the master record details
$50/org/month (no limit on the no. of records)
Discounted for Non-Profits.
Thanks for reading!!
**Disclaimer: All the information given here has been taken from the available public information. Please contact the vendors individually for more and detailed information.
The images/logos for Salesforce, Acme Data, Clean CRM, Cloundingo, Data Trim, Dedupe manager, Dupe Blocker, Dupe Catcher, Duplicate Check for Salesforce, Experian Data quality, Sensis Data Solution, OpenPrise, Ring Lead have been take from the respective websites.