Artificial intelligence (AI) has been changing our lives for decades, but today its presence is bigger than ever before. AI has powered HR automation. Human resource processes plays vital role in every company. Whether it’s recruitment, onboarding process, training, learning & development. Artificial Intelligence is entering the HR space, and very soon everything that can be automated, will be automated.
HR automation is the process of enhancing the efficiency of the HR department by freeing employees from tedious manual tasks and allowing them to focus on complex tasks like decision making and strategizing. By automating standard and repetitive HR activities, organizations can reduce the cost and time they spend on manual HR planning and processing. Through HR automation, organizations can design, streamline, integrate, and deploy necessary services swiftly at a considerably lower cost. If implemented right HR Automation tools shows real effectiveness to be more productive, freeing us of our most mundane and time-consuming tasks so that HR can drive more value at work. Few of latest HR automation tools which are AI based:
- HR Chatbots – HR chatbots are changing the way routine HR processes and functions are done. One such tool that has shown immense potential and is pegged to revolutionise the way businesses interact with customers and employees are chatbots. Chatbots are artificial intelligence programs that conduct conversations. HR Chatbots acts as Help desk.
- E-recruitment – Another big hit automation tool for hiring process used by HR. The E-Recruitment, also known as Online Recruitment, is the process of hiring the potential candidates for the vacant job positions, using the electronic resources, specially the internet.
- HR Analytics – Smart automation systems excel at wading through deep pools of data to pull out important insights.
- E-Learning – Now a days through Artificial Intelligence tools, e-learning has created a big platform not only in business environment but also in education industry.
- Virtual Onboarding – Onboarding is vital part of any HR processes and for Multinational organization companies are who are hiring hundreds of people across the globe throughout the year, creating an onboarding program that is delivered in a virtual manner is critical. It enables the new hire to access the information WHEN they need it and in a way that is engaging and easy to consume.
- Gamification – Gamification is the usage of game-thinking and game mechanics in non-game scenarios such as business environment and processes, specifically in recruitment, training & development and motivation; in order to enhance employee engagement.
The Benefits of HR Process Automation
Through HR automation, organizations can design, streamline, integrate, and deploy necessary services swiftly at a considerably lower cost. If implemented right, HR automation can reap indispensable benefits. Here are the benefits of HR automation:
- Improve productivity due to quick processing and data sharing.
- Reduce employee turnover due to heightened employee engagement.
- Slash down storage and printing costs associated with paper-based processing.
- Stay free from compliance risk or policy violations.
- Enhance organizational growth through efficient hiring at optimal operational cost.
- Drop in data entry errors and misplaced/lost documents.
- Make intelligent business decisions with insightful reports.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders to hire, train, and retain skilled employees.
- More time to analyse HR data to make intelligent business decisions.