People have always had an interest in what other people think, or what opinion they hold. Since the inception of the internet, increasing numbers of people are using websites and social media platform for expressing their opinion. Due to platforms such as Facebook, Twitter etc., it has become feasible to analyze and extract the public opinion on a certain topic, news story, product, or brand. Opinions that are mined from such services can be valuable. Data mined from these sources can be analyzed and presented accordingly to easily identify the online mood (positive, negative or neutral). This allows individuals or business to be proactive as opposed to reactive when a negative conversational thread is emerging. Alternatively, positive sentiments can be leveraged to identify product advocates as well to shape the business strategy by seeing the parts of the strategy that are working.
Category Archives: salesforce consultant
Technology has provided healthcare many breakthroughs in recent years and Salesforce has been at the forefront of that. So if this is the case why are most treatment centers still so far behind. Everyday people are scouring the internet trying to find a great place to recover from the diseases of Mental Health and Addiction. It’s estimated that over 20 million Americans over the age of 12 have an addiction. Many treatment centers lack the basic tools needed to be able to serve these patients with the care they need. As a consulting partner for Salesforce we have seen technology changing the face of Treatment Centers. Technology is providing treatment centers with the advanced tools needed to navigate the ever changing landscape. We’re going to outline 7 ways that technology is changing the face of treatment centers.
1. The addition of a CRM or Patient Relationship Management platform to the contact center is the number one way to better serving your patients. We have seen organizations taking notes on note pads or using excel to track patient calls. This is a major problem, in my experience working in a very busy Contact Center even your very best admissions representative will miss a follow up. Also in my experience, as a recovering alcoholic with almost 7 years of sobriety, I know that when I was ready to get help patience was not one of my strongest areas. So timely follow ups and the ability to take a call from beginning to end without hanging up the phone has resulted in a 35% increase in patient admissions based on case studies we have conducted.
Any business trying to grow and increase their client base needs a customer relationship management (CRM) software program. It’s just a simple fact that even the smallest businesses can’t avoid for very long before keeping track of clients starts to consume the entire day. Wineries are no exception.
The wine industry has a tendency to be reactive with their wine sales after they build a client relationship. The wine industry needs to have a CRM that empowers wineries to take action proactively in their marketing efforts. Salesforce has this ability through the use of marketing automation, data analytics, and AI. Salesforce can use your winery’s historical data of purchases made by clients to predict what products that client may be interested in. This allows wineries to target specific customers with specific content.
We hear a lot that wineries prefer to use a CRM or a software product that is specific to wineries. That’s a great option if you are just starting out, but you are missing out on a lot of value. It’s no secret that Salesforce’s success comes largely from its ability to be customized to each company’s specific requirements.
To put it plainly, Salesforce can be made into a customized winery CRM. The advantage that Salesforce brings to wineries is the support received from the business and marketing analytics. So, a winery will have the ability to do what we have come to expect from a CRM plus provide these strong tools that are designed to drive more sales through smarter marketing campaigns. Salesforce will feel like your winery CRM, not just a generic winery CRM. There are even winery specific apps available as add-ons to Salesforce. For example, GreatVines is a winery and beverage distributor sales app that helps sales teams manage client data in a more customized way to the beverage industry.
What really is Pardot? We have all undoubtedly heard about how great it could be for sales people, but is that as far as this powerful tool can take Salesforce users? Of course not. Pardot is a perfect tool to include as part of your Higher Ed Salesforce implementation.
Pardot is B2B marketing automation solution that ultimately makes the jobs of sales and recruiting teams much easier. We have seen more and more Higher Ed Salesforce implementations including Pardot for their recruiting teams and it’s obvious why once you begin using it. The features in Pardot provide a seamless connection between your marketing campaigns and how your recruiters can interact with prospects.
Pardot allows you to track prospects, conversions, and marketing campaign activity from a single dashboard. It also allows you to create email marketing campaigns to generate leads and then measure the success of those campaigns. These campaigns are highly customizable so when prospects receive the email content, it looks and feels like your brand.
Part of this customization allows the leads to go down a customized marketing content campaign based on their actions when receiving the emails. For example, If the lead opens the first email and doesn’t respond then they will receive a different email for the second stage in the campaign than if they decided to not open it at all.
Perhaps most importantly for your recruiting team is the real-time feedback on actions that leads take. For example, if someone registers for a webinar and fills out one of your forms, you get an alert for that action. Leads and prospects are also assigned a score and organized in order based on their interactions with marketing campaigns. That means that if a client signs up for a webinar and visits the website several times then they are really thinking about your school.
This information about client action enables recruiters to focus on the highest priority recruits right now. Pardot also enables recruiters to put these prioritized prospects into a “Nurturing Program” that gives them a more personalized follow-up campaign from whoever owns the lead. The “Nurturing Programs” within Pardot essentially automate the personal follow-up process for your recruiters. So, if a prospect says they just can’t devote the time for a conversation for about a month, then we can put them on a 30-day Nurturing Program that is going to follow-up for you at pre-determined intervals and with pre-determined messages so you don’t have to think about any prospects that are not needing attention today.
Pardot is the answer to many problems in the recruiting world. It automates a lot of follow-up that lingers in the back of our minds, allows customized marketing based on actions the prospect takes in the marketing campaign, and provides a seamless connection between the marketing team and the recruiting team.
Pardot may be an important consideration when thinking through your Higher Ed Salesforce implementation. If it starts to feel like too much work on top of everything else that needs to be implemented then finding a Salesforce Partner company to assist with implementation may be a great next step.
With having being part of 5 Salesforce Sales and Service cloud implementation projects I have realized that customizing the platform to the client’s need is not challenging but the build up to the production release and approach that the integrator adopts to, makes all the difference to have delighted project sponsors and end users. The implementation that I am considering for the scope of this article can range anywhere between 6 to 16 weeks depending on the complexity of Salesforce lightning components, number of external interfaces involved for integration with Salesforce and the number of clouds being rolled out (most common are Sales Cloud, Service Cloud or Community Cloud).
We can have varied school of thoughts on how to plan for such small duration projects; should it be a complete roll out of all features or an Agile Development approach where even a 6-week project is divided into 3 sprints of 2 weeks each. With my experience, I can safely say that breaking into multiple sprints will allow everyone to gain a lot more value out of the project as the lightning components and interface integration will evolve with regular feedback from the client. My team scored an average CSAT rating of 9 for the projects we have delivered in the last 1 year. Now let’s take a closer look at the key processes and scrum ceremonies one needs to follow that make the process truly Agile. Please note that one consultant will play the role of PO, Scrum Master and Project Manager because that helps to have full visibility and control on the timelines for the cloud implementation.
- Requirement Discovery Sessions – This is the foundation stone and often referred to as sprint 0 for the project and generally ranges anywhere from 3 to 5 days of dedicated meetings and workshop at the client side sitting, discussing and brain storming the needs of the end users. The consultant running the workshop as a pre-requisite should have basic knowledge of the CRM domain, good understanding of the Salesforce Sales cloud, Service cloud or Community cloud and basic idea about the client’s industry will be an added advantage. The sessions are facilitated with flip charts, white boards and process maps. The consultant should constantly ask the question ‘Why’ to the customer team to understand the pain point before advising and concluding any solution to the customer. This will be a good place to define if any REST/SOAP based Salesforce Integration will be needed or not.
- Define Stories in Jira or tool of your choice- Immediately after the workshops are concluded the consultant should start to document the discussed features with peripheral details into any tool like Jira and define the narrative and acceptance criteria on these stories. Even if the name of the feature is only added, more details can be added later.
- Point Sizing and Team Strength – The PO/Project Manager who facilitated the discovery session needs to competent enough on Salesforce platform to provide the points in a Fibonacci series (1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21) to each of the story put it into Jira. Based on the total points and agreed upon schedule with client the PO decides on the number of Engineers needed for the whole work. This is typically done by doing a mock/draft release planning with a technical lead and PO making a guess on how many points an engineer can deliver. This part of the project gets better only with practice and experience that you gain in at least two rollouts.
- Backlog Grooming – This is an ongoing ceremony for the Agile team. We typically spend 60-90 minutes/week for a SCRUM team of 5 to 6 members including developer and quality assurance. The PM/BA puts on the hat of a PO and interacts with the agile team and grooms into each requirement in detail and updates the story with acceptance criteria. The team agrees upon the scope of the stories and call them as ready for development. The grooming sessions are also used to decide on the technical solution to achieve the requirement the decision of configuration versus customization is decided now. It will be beneficial to have an Salesforce architect involved in the session so that the engineers don’t overkill the system with excess of apex coding like triggers, batch classes and rely on configurations as much as possible.
- Sprint Planning – This again is an ongoing ceremony that happens at a cadence. Engineers pick up stories as per their understanding and add to the sprint. The assignment of stories should be done with everyone’s consensus considering the engineer’s experience and story complexity.
- Sprint Demo and Retrospective – This phase utilizes the maximum benefit out of Agile Development for Salesforce clouds. The demo is organized by the PO to the stakeholders like the client’s functional users and project sponsor and get their feedback early and if needed changes can be implemented in the next sprint. This helps the client to have focus throughout the project and hedges the integrator’s risk towards any possible changes coming after all work is done.
I would like to summarize by saying that any process can be used to deliver the same set of things but keep in mind that you need to Adopt a process, Customize the process and finally accept and embrace the process so that you believe in it to ensure your client and team stand with you even if there are some challenges thrown your way in the implementation. Finally, don’t forget to have some fun in this journey.
Mirketa has been helping client’s ranging from small to Fortune 500 companies’ rollout Salesforce clouds with high customer satisfaction and user adoption rates. Get in touch with our Agile Salesforce champions to understand how we can help your sales business process achieve more with the powerful Salesforce platform.
“Anything that can be connected, will be connected.” This quote by Jason Morgan of Forbes.com, is going to be, what future holds, with the increasing growth of the concept of IoT. Simply put, Internet of things is a system of electronic devices or components, interconnected with each other through Internet and capable of exchanging data and information. The devices include everything ranging from cellphones, coffee makers, headphones, smart wearables to components of machines like engine of an airplane etc. The IoT allows the devices to be remotely sensed and controlled using the existing network structure; which enables the opportunity to directly integrate them with other devices or networks. So basically, IoT is a giant network of connected things.
Why use IoT & How big is it?
A survey conducted by HP estimated that the growth of IoT will be exponential and by 2025, over one trillion devices will be connected through IoT. Another report by Cisco predicts that IoT will generate $14.4 trillion in value across all industries in the next decade. These surveys suggest towards a fully automated future.
In this blog I will share the Salesforce Development best practices that I have learned over the years. I have tried to give a few code snippets to provide examples. Feel free to use the code as-is.
Have you ever sat wondering if you had followed up with everyone you were supposed to talk to today? Or managed a team and wondered if they we’re following through? These questions plague most sales driven businesses daily, but to Addiction Treatment Centers this could mean that someone’s life is on the line.
I am introducing here Quote to Cash which is well known as QTC. QTC is a process where Sales Organizations send details to their customers on their product offerings as per their need, provide them with the pricing for the set of products that they have requested, put all those in an official document called ‘Quote’ and then it continues through Invoice, payment and negotiation which comes under ‘Cash’.
It is extremely notable that the amount of customer data is expanding with each passing moment. One can’t simply physically investigate information and know each pattern or test numerous theories. Taking care of and dealing with this colossal data is no less than a challenge which stresses on the significance of analytics further. Acknowledging this need to be of immense importance, Salesforce recently uncovered its most progressive CRM platform called Einstein Analytics. The analytics has opened ways to a few stunning elements for CRM clients, empowering them to utilize advance analytics powered by Artificial Intelligence.
The proportion of data that a business is developing at a rapid pace, and recognizing each pattern and relationship, and to test each speculation, utilizing traditional manual situated techniques is currently beside unimaginable but Einstein analytics resolves client’s dilemma by stimulatingsales, improving client service and optimizing their marketing campaigns. Overall, the Insights offered by Einstein allow executives to make decision 38 % faster which data scientists took days or even weeks to achieve.
When the user enters a query, the tool uses Artificial Intelligence (AI) to throw logically important outcomes, pinpointing what is occurring, the purpose for such an event, and expectation on what is probably going to occur next. Einstein utilizes machine learning to identify factual patterns and designs, and convey the same to users in a significantly more far reaching, reliable and contrasted way than what data scientists can ever give. The engine consequently examines billions of data combinations, and prescribes the best game-plan, assessing the in all probability situation, and the upsides and downsides of each possible action. Users may penetrate down to the most state of the art information, reveal bits of knowledge, team up and take instant action from any device.
Salesforce Einstein Analytics goes above and beyond, and is a direction framework, which utilizes past information and mediates it with current circumstances and future conceivable outcomes, to anticipate patterns.
Consider the case of a sales executive out to meet his quarterly numbers. When he uses Salesforce Einstein Analytics, he gets comprehensive and in-depth insights on a customer, competitor and pipeline data, and recommendations – Let us suppose Mark is his customer and he had set up a meeting with Mark to close the sales 3 days earlier. He assumes Mark to be loyal but Mark is talking to the competitors very often. Taking him for a coffee may be a good idea or he needs to bring in three or so managers to close the deal. Here is what you should be doing and so on.
Using Einstein Dynamics, each Sales executive gets a dynamic dashboard, complete with all the required functionalities, for example, activity tracking, account whitespace, benchmarking, and more, offering them powerful insights required to perform successfully and close more deals. Having identified a new opportunity or uncovered a trend, the user may create a task, change a close date or share insights on any device, all seamlessly from a single pane, without bothering with spreadsheets and other tools.
Einstein Discovery is a tool launched concurrently with Einstein Analytics, and superbly supplements the latter. It just takes couple of minutes for Einstein Discovery to get outcome from insights from millions of data combinations. It makes precise predictions by instantly analyzing massive amounts of data and mining out crucial patterns. “Further, Einstein Discovery generates explanations, answers, and recommendations that are easy to understand and implement by the users. This is done with slide presentations that are generated automatically, containing visualizations and key points.” (http://www.algoworks.com/blog/salesforce-einstein-analytics/, 2017)
To learn new exciting analytics, salesforce offers a package of 12 modules – “Analytics trailblazers” fun way to learn salesforce. With these smart analytics, Independent software vendors (ISVs) can now create apps using analytics app designer, visual data preparation, and outside data connectors to build their own custom analytics apps on the Salesforce platform, ensuring they have all the relevant metrics they require, and omitting any superfluous details for their business. AppExchange has around 20 analytics apps from ISVs
So, this is how you can become a data scientist in a fun and smart way!!!!!