In this blog I will share the Salesforce Development best practices that I have learned over the years. I have tried to give a few code snippets to provide examples. Feel free to use the code as-is.
Category Archives: salesforce certified developer
It is extremely notable that the amount of customer data is expanding with each passing moment. One can’t simply physically investigate information and know each pattern or test numerous theories. Taking care of and dealing with this colossal data is no less than a challenge which stresses on the significance of analytics further. Acknowledging this need to be of immense importance, Salesforce recently uncovered its most progressive CRM platform called Einstein Analytics. The analytics has opened ways to a few stunning elements for CRM clients, empowering them to utilize advance analytics powered by Artificial Intelligence.
The proportion of data that a business is developing at a rapid pace, and recognizing each pattern and relationship, and to test each speculation, utilizing traditional manual situated techniques is currently beside unimaginable but Einstein analytics resolves client’s dilemma by stimulatingsales, improving client service and optimizing their marketing campaigns. Overall, the Insights offered by Einstein allow executives to make decision 38 % faster which data scientists took days or even weeks to achieve.
When the user enters a query, the tool uses Artificial Intelligence (AI) to throw logically important outcomes, pinpointing what is occurring, the purpose for such an event, and expectation on what is probably going to occur next. Einstein utilizes machine learning to identify factual patterns and designs, and convey the same to users in a significantly more far reaching, reliable and contrasted way than what data scientists can ever give. The engine consequently examines billions of data combinations, and prescribes the best game-plan, assessing the in all probability situation, and the upsides and downsides of each possible action. Users may penetrate down to the most state of the art information, reveal bits of knowledge, team up and take instant action from any device.
Salesforce Einstein Analytics goes above and beyond, and is a direction framework, which utilizes past information and mediates it with current circumstances and future conceivable outcomes, to anticipate patterns.
Consider the case of a sales executive out to meet his quarterly numbers. When he uses Salesforce Einstein Analytics, he gets comprehensive and in-depth insights on a customer, competitor and pipeline data, and recommendations – Let us suppose Mark is his customer and he had set up a meeting with Mark to close the sales 3 days earlier. He assumes Mark to be loyal but Mark is talking to the competitors very often. Taking him for a coffee may be a good idea or he needs to bring in three or so managers to close the deal. Here is what you should be doing and so on.
Using Einstein Dynamics, each Sales executive gets a dynamic dashboard, complete with all the required functionalities, for example, activity tracking, account whitespace, benchmarking, and more, offering them powerful insights required to perform successfully and close more deals. Having identified a new opportunity or uncovered a trend, the user may create a task, change a close date or share insights on any device, all seamlessly from a single pane, without bothering with spreadsheets and other tools.
Einstein Discovery is a tool launched concurrently with Einstein Analytics, and superbly supplements the latter. It just takes couple of minutes for Einstein Discovery to get outcome from insights from millions of data combinations. It makes precise predictions by instantly analyzing massive amounts of data and mining out crucial patterns. “Further, Einstein Discovery generates explanations, answers, and recommendations that are easy to understand and implement by the users. This is done with slide presentations that are generated automatically, containing visualizations and key points.” (http://www.algoworks.com/blog/salesforce-einstein-analytics/, 2017)
To learn new exciting analytics, salesforce offers a package of 12 modules – “Analytics trailblazers” fun way to learn salesforce. With these smart analytics, Independent software vendors (ISVs) can now create apps using analytics app designer, visual data preparation, and outside data connectors to build their own custom analytics apps on the Salesforce platform, ensuring they have all the relevant metrics they require, and omitting any superfluous details for their business. AppExchange has around 20 analytics apps from ISVs
So, this is how you can become a data scientist in a fun and smart way!!!!!
Now a day the entire world is connected through technology. Salesforce for Nonprofits is one of the most powerful tools for any nonprofit organization as it helps in getting connected with the entire world. Built for the social and mobile era, Salesforce for Nonprofits will connect your entire organization— your partners, supporters, employees, and programs— so you can, deliver better programs and services, engage and strengthen your community, communicate more effectively, and raise more resources. (www.salesforce.org/nonprofit/, 2017)
To use salesforce for nonprofits, first you need to register to the “Power of us” program of salesforce. Once you are accepted in “Power of Us” program your organization will get your own salesforce instance with 10 free Enterprise Edition licenses along with the other products and services provided by salesforce. Through the “Power of us” program, qualified organization will receive the product and resources needed to effectively manage your organization and program.
Organization can purchase additional liquesces and services at a deep discounted price. All the amount received by Salesforce for these additional licenses, go right back into the foundation to allow salesforce to donate more to the nonprofit community. So, if you purchase additional licenses and invest in your own organizational success you are also investing to the overall success to the nonprofit community that uses salesforce.
As a part of the “Power of Us” Program you will get the benefits mentioned below:
- 10 donated Enterprise Edition Sales or Service Cloud subscriptions
- Discounts on additional subscriptions, products and/or services from Salesforce.org
- Discounts on Salesforce training
- Discounts on Salesforce events
- Access to nonprofit and education specific user groups, events and webinars
- Discounts on participating Apps and consulting partners from the AppExchange
Pricing of the additional Licenses:
Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP): Configured out of the box for nonprofits, NPSP sits on top of the Lightning Enterprise Edition and provides complete Salesforce Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and tools to help manage programs, donations, volunteers, and supporters all in one place.
|Edition||Standard Pricing||Pricing for Non-Profit|
|Lightning Enterprise Edition||$150||$36|
|Lightning Enterprise Edition + NPSP||$150||$36|
|Lightning Unlimited Edition||$300||$72|
|Lightning Unlimited Edition + NPSP||$300||$72|
Salesforce.org offers a powerful, enterprise level suite of products with the potential to dramatically transform your organization. Salesforce has different criteria for different Countries depending on the law of that country. Basic criteria to be eligible to apply for the Power of Us program is, your organization must be recognized as a charitable, nonprofit, or nongovernmental organization in the country where you are located. Your organization must have a certificate of Trust or society issued by the government of the country.
To get the in-depth knowledge about the eligibility criteria please visit the link mentioned below:
How to register for “Power of Us” program:
Now before you go forward to invest your money in Salesforce the big challenge in front of you is to know whether Salesforce is an excellent choice for your organization or not, whether it is fulfilling all your organizational requirements or not. Salesforce comes forward to help you out with making a correct decision.
Salesforce offers a free 30 days’ trial for all its Nonprofit Service Packs mentioned above in the Pricing section. You can register for any of the available packs and get your free trial as soon as you register. To register for your free trial please visit the below mentioned link:
After using that free trial Salesforce instance, if you think that this pack is best suited for your organization then you can convert this trial account to a permanent account by applying on the below mentioned link:
Here, first you need to login with your Salesforce trial account Username and Password. If you have more than one Salesforce trial, you must log in with the username and password of the trial that you want as your production account. If you need to select a different edition, please sign up for a new trial before submitting your application. Once your application has been approved for an account you had selected, you will no longer be able to switch your licenses to another Salesforce account or instance.
Fill in all fields on the application before submitting. If approved, your organization will receive a confirmation by email stating your acceptance into the Power of Us program.
Salesforce.com has been the number one CRM platform for some time now and its accomplishments as a CRM solution can be described as none less than top of the line. But there are some common issues that all the CRM systems face and which is prevalent in Salesforce as well. Managing Data duplicity is one such big issue.
In this article, we’ll be giving you some insight in some of the top duplicate management apps available on Salesforce AppExchange, which can help you with your dedupe apps hunt for your company. The following five apps have been selected based on their user adoption profiles on Salesforce AppExchange.
Out of the box Salesforce Dedupe solution
Every Salesforce org. has this out of the box deduplication solution. Though this one has many limitations and is not a very smart solution, but specific and simple deduplication tasks can be easily done here and that too free. That’s why we gave it the top position in our list.
- Search up-to 50 records and merge 3 records at a time on Lead, Account and Contact based on the name field.
- Ability to do a fuzzy search.
Its free. Comes stacked with your Salesforce Org.
Within the salesforce duplicate management apps purview, this app has the most number of customer reviews (216) on AppExchange. This app by Symphonic Source, backs an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 and comes second on our list of the dedupe apps.
- Merge & convert from a simple dashboard view
- Auto-Merge, mass merge, or manually merge dupes without losing any important data
- Mass update & mass delete records
- Geocode, validate & standardize addresses
- Cleanse import files before data reaches Salesforce
- Prebuilt filters or easily create your own to make Cloudingo work for you
- Drag-and Drop UI
- Audit trails to track data changes
- Enterprise API (in/out)
- Works with standard & custom objects
- Basic: $1,096/year/per Salesforce Org
- Standard: $2,146/year/per Salesforce Org
- Custom: Data quality services & customization starting @ $10000
Discounted for Non-Profits.
Duplicate Check for Salesforce
This app by Plauti B.V. has 100 user reviews on AppExchange. Backing an average rating of 4.2 out of 5, this app comes on the third place on our list.
- Fuzzy Matching finds duplicates caused by misspellings, typos and different formatting
- Mass Deduplication will find all duplicates, presenting it in a clear report which allows you to merge manually or automatically later.
- The application is highly customizable and can be configured to fit the exact needs of your particular database.
- A ‘Duplicate Check Job’ will analyze and dedupe your entire database by your preferences.
- 100% native force.com – no data transfer is needed in order to find and remove duplicates.
- ‘Auto Merge’ automatically merges duplicates, possibly saving hours of your time.
- ‘Duplicate Prevention’ will prevent you and your colleagues from entering duplicates.
- Both standard objects as well as custom objects can be deduped.
- Free up to 5000 records + Additional 5000 after sign up
- Advanced – $ 99 /year
- Premium – $ 1,499 /year
Complete Data Quality Suite
This app by RingLead, with 96 user reviews on AppExchange and backing an average rating of 4.8 out of 5, secures the fourth place on our list.
- Identifies duplicate Leads, Leads to Contacts, Leads to Accounts, Contacts, and Accounts. Unique Upload
- Prevent dupes in your web forms. Your fields can be updated without any data loss based on your defined rules. It’s campaign and lead assignment supported. Task/email notifications alert record owners to the attempted dupes.
- Prevent the creation of duplicate Leads, Contacts and Accounts when uploading lists. The app uses a field-by-field configuration based on your business rules.
- Unique Entry will seek and display possible dupes in real time.
It’s a paid app. You’ll have to contact them for quotes.
This app by d2b International ApS dba, with 70 user reviews on AppExchange and backing an average rating of 4.6 out of 5, gets the fifth place on our list.
- Mass Deduplication of leads, contacts, accounts and person accounts
- Dupe Detection upon Entry
- Phone Number Cross Checking
- Social Media Matching
- Integrated Merge wizard(s)
- Campaign Deduplication
- Custom Merge Rules
- Customization of Matching Process
- Weekly and Monthly Automatic Scheduling
- Small Business – $750 per year per Organization (for up to 10000 records, pricing varies for more no. of records)
- Standard – $1800 per Organization/year (for up to 50000 records, pricing varies for more no. of records)
- Enterprise – $2500 per Organization/year (for up to 50000 records, pricing varies for more no. of records)
And although all these apps get the work done, we created a Salesforce duplicate management solution of our own, packing all the best features along with a smooth user experience. We would like to introduce the latest addition in the deduplication app domain, Advitya.
Following capabilities makes Advitya better than all other deduplication apps:
- Powerful bulk Search & Merge via optimized design
- Smart Reporting via intuitive dashboard
- Job Scheduler
- Exact search based on multiple criteria
- Deduplication on standard as well as on custom objects
- Search based on both standard and custom field criteria
- Choose the master records
- Choose which duplicate records to merge and which to not
- Preview screen to verify the ‘to-be master’ record before actual merging is initiated
- Export the searched duplicates
- Re-parenting of child records while merging the Parent records
- Master record field updates while merging
- Save your searches for future use
- Native Salesforce.com deduplication solution
- Intelligent notification alerts on successful merge with the master record details
$50/org/month (no limit on the no. of records)
Discounted for Non-Profits.
Thanks for reading!!
**Disclaimer: All the information given here has been taken from the available public information. Please contact the vendors individually for more and detailed information.
The images/logos for Salesforce, Acme Data, Clean CRM, Cloundingo, Data Trim, Dedupe manager, Dupe Blocker, Dupe Catcher, Duplicate Check for Salesforce, Experian Data quality, Sensis Data Solution, OpenPrise, Ring Lead have been take from the respective websites.
View State: As the name suggests, is an error of View State. “Maximum view state size limit (135KB) exceeded” is the error message pertaining to “View State” error and here follows a brief detailing of the issue.
View state holds the state/size of the visual force page that includes the components, field values and controller state. This is important in the light that salesforce provides only a standard size of 135kb for any individual page. If the size of a particular page exceeds 135kb, the page will throw a view state error.
What is REST: –
REST is Representational State Transfer which helps two systems to talk to each other with a common programmatic language. Rest is a successful replacement for HTTP.
Integration in Salesforce can be done in the following steps: –
2) Call out.
3) Web services.
What is an EventBrite?
An EventBrite is an app which syncs event data into salesforce. It is a free app which help the event organizers to import data from their event to the salesforce. Event data is created through ticketing platform is synced to salesforce contact list and promo code can be sent back to the Eventbrite.
Visual Flows in Salesforce
Hearing the word flow in salesforce we start thinking about the workflow i.e. defining criteria and firing action. So the question arise that weather flow is the amplified version of workflow or not? So the answer is a big “no”, flow is completely different form the workflow. Workflow let you automate your process letting you select the objects, defining the criteria and based on that criteria firing the immediate or a time dependent actions but this is not the case with the visual flows, visual flows structure a collaboration between you and Salesforce. They were created to be interactive and perform best in situations where system and user have something to contribute.
Contact Roles in Salesforce.
I observed in many salesforce communities that lot of salesforce people facing challenges in associating one contact with multiple accounts, cases, Contracts or Opportunities.
In salesforce architecture Contact has a Standard Account field, which means a Contact can be associate with on account.
However we can create few more Custom lookup fields on Contact to associate few more accounts, but that will not be a good approach to achieve this requirement if you want to associate one contact to n number of accounts, cases or Opportunities.